Author Topic: stripe account suspended  (Read 176 times)

Offline Victor

• Administrator
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Victor's Imperial Coins
stripe account suspended
« on: February 10, 2024, 02:00:16 PM »
Stripe is the company I use to process credit card payments. Recently I got an unusual message from them.

"We are contacting you to request some information as part of a standard review of your account. As a payments processor, we are obligated to collect certain information on our users.

Please be aware that transfers on your account have been disabled until we are able to complete this review.

As per Stripe's Restricted Businesses List
  • , "It is prohibited to use the Service for any dealings, engagement, or sale of goods/services linked directly or indirectly with jurisdictions Stripe has deemed high risk, such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk Regions."

We noticed that you have products for sale on your website that originate from Syria.

- In order to continue using Stripe, we will need a direct confirmation that you understand the terms of services in the RBL, will not use Stripe for the sales of any Syria-origin goods, and will remove any goods of Syria-origin from your website.

In order to avoid delays and resolve this review quickly, we ask that you please provide the requested information within 10 business days from the date of this email. If we do not receive a response from you during this period, we will regretfully be unable to offer you ongoing service and will close your account."

I asked them which coins I had listed from Syria...their response--

Attaching a link to the Syrian coins that are on the website: https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/ma...12280_bc_mint_ai_khanoum/1693522/Default.aspx

I immediately responded "That is not my store. Vcoins is an online mall of dozens of individual dealers. My store is "Victor's Imperial Coins" as my name is Victor

I then said "Could you please enable transfers for my account?"

the response--

"Thank you for your patience and many thanks for the clarification. I was able to complete the review on our end and have updated the account. Payouts are now enabled!

Please don't hesitate to reply if I can be of further assistance."

It's always something when you sell coins; but this one was pretty funny.