Author Topic: Bidding fail  (Read 441 times)

Offline Victor

• Administrator
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Victor's Imperial Coins
Bidding fail
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:54:19 AM »

I lost out on four coins this weekend because my bids were not submitted. I put my bids in through sixbid which were accepted, but somehow the auction house did not get them. I thought I was the high bidder and was somewhat patiently waiting for my invoice, until I finally asked on the status and they said they never got my bids. I showed them the sixbid confirmation and they said that they had an error and no sixbid bids went in. Now I'm sad...but I expect I will get over it-- eventually.  :'(

The coins also sold for a lot less than my max bids...now I am getting a little angry also!  >:(

...and now I am just about over it.  ;D

Offline Heliodromus

Re: Bidding fail
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:29:57 AM »
Man, that's a rollercoaster of emotions!  :)

Always annoying when this sort of thing happens and you would have bid more.

I missed a recent bid too - my own fault. I'd set up my calendar and timer on the day (to live bid), then when the time came - on easter day - I was outside hiding easter eggs. Oh, well!

Offline Gavin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:24:17 AM »
Is the moral to the story to bid at the proper auction house itself, and not through Sixbid if there’s something you really have your sights set on? There is a Roma coin I am interested in this week. Now I am not inclined to trust these auction aggregate systems.

Offline Victor

• Administrator
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Victor's Imperial Coins
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 10:46:14 AM »
It's probably best to bid directly at the auction site (if possible), but until you receive a confirmation email, you still don't know if your bids were accepted. In this circumstance, I received the Sixbid confirmation, but not one from the auction house. I think the auction house just forgot to enter my bids, even though they seemed to be blaming Sixbid. I have bid through Sixbid and Numisbids dozens and dozens of times and this was the first time my bids were not put in, but I am a bit apprehensive now also.