Author Topic: eBay unpleasantness  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Victor

• Administrator
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Victor's Imperial Coins
eBay unpleasantness
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
After a very unpleasant clash with Victor, i decided  i will no longer show my coins here.
By the way, my last acquisition deserve an exception, need to be shared and also confirm that eBay is an inexhaustible source of discoveries and surprises.

I am sorry you feel that way, but did you really need to bring this up publicly? If so, tell the whole story, otherwise I find this unpleasant and uncalled for. If you don't want to tell what happened, I will eventually delete the rude part of your comment and this reply.

I prefer this forum to be just a forum to talk about LRB's.

Note -- I split this from another topic

Offline Nikko

Re: eBay unpleasantness
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:11:06 PM »
It was already public, rather, you should appreciate i originally deleted the "incriminated" thread by my self and i partially edited this one.

I was extremely disappointed and i don't want talking more about that extremely unpleasant event which compromised my desire to share my coins as i always did.

Let's talk about this very intruding MARTI!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:17:03 PM by Nikko »

Offline Victor

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:57 PM »
You have made this an issue, not me. If you want to talk about it, please let everyone know what you did and then I will post rest of the story.

For now, I will post only this- the eBay policy about contacting people to end auctions early. I will add, that it really makes me angry when people violate this rule.

Policy overview

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside eBay, please report it.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Offline Nikko

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
Ok, let's talk about what happened.

As you hate sellers who close auctions early, sellers hate last second offers and they  have the plain rght to close their auction early when they have no offers and selling their coin in another way.

Also, i hate bidders who use the "sniping" program which automatically makes last second offers.

You usually makes last second offers.

What happened isn't a mistery.

I posted on this forum a coin i acquired  with a private agreement.
I was extremely happy for the  deal and naively i wrote the price.
You find that "unpleasant" and contacted the seller.
You told to the seller you had a better offer.
The seller rejected the agrrement with me.
You buy the coin.

Posterity will judge.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:47:40 PM by Nikko »

Offline Victor

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
I contacted the seller because I was angry that he stopped the auction and sold the coin outside of eBay. I told him I would have paid more, not thinking he would relist, only hoping he would not do the same thing again. He then relisted with a BIN, which I bought. The seller is fairly new to eBay and might have thought he was not going to get many bids, but more seasoned bidders wait. I will post the transcript of my messages with the seller.

they  have the plain rght to close their auction early when they have no offers and selling their coin in another way.

That is completely wrong, look at the rules from eBay which I posted earlier --  "If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside eBay, please report it." 

Offline Nikko

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
You was angry because you lost the coin for only 14€, LOL!

A seller has the plain right to close an auction with no offer until the last 12 hours.

I attach a couple of messages with the seller to prove i had the agrreement.

Please also note:"questo messaggio è stato inviato mentre l'inserzione era scaduta".

It means that our messages were wrote when the auction was already ended.

In the end, congratulations you got the coin and sold it with a very good profit.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:43:55 PM by Nikko »

Offline Victor

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
You have had your say, now I am locking this topic.

I will even let this stay up

If you would like to contribute otherwise to this forum, please do