Assorted topics > Resources

Roman provincial books

(1/3) > >>

Victor:
I just filled a shelf with my provincial books; though I really don't use them very much.

from left to right

SNG Copenhagen (8 vol.)

RPC  (9 vol. & supplement)

Roman Coins of Antioch  McAlee

Lindgren (3 vol.)

Alexandrian Coins   Emmett

Greel Imperial Countermarks    Howgego

Alexandrian Coinage   Kampmann

Greek Coin Types   Plant

Greek Imperial Coins and Their Values     Sear

Varbanov  (3 vol)

tjaart:
That is a nice little library! Most of my books are still in storage as I have to finish my new bookshelves.

Victor:
there are 7 more shelves for Roman Imperial and the rest are for various histories and assorted numismatic topics like Byzantine or Sassanian coinage.

Roety:
About books,  been using google to lookup coins from uncleaned lots and others I have purchased or  I seen online.  (using vcoins, ebay, ma-shops, coinarcives, wildwinds,etc)
 I read there are official records on some like the RIC "Roman Imperial Coinage" books. 
I see many say they don't use their books,  so what's the best "search reference" for buying and pricing out there.
I fear that using vcoins and ma-shops as a pricing reference may not be accurate if basing it on listed not sold prices?
ebay looks to me to be a better place to buy than to sell, seen many silver denars selling for under $10.
On ebay a guy is selling the RIC on CD I think  https://www.ebay.com/itm/132839390536?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

is there a website with go search for RIC #s on it?

Followup or rather correcting myself,  I saw the links page Victor put up, I just downloaded some RIC excel pages,  will click around there for a few weeks
Thanks

Victor:

--- Quote from: Roety on November 22, 2018, 10:13:11 PM --- 
I see many say they don't use their books, 

--- End quote ---

In my first post I said "though I really don't use them very much." but note that I am talking about Roman provincial books in this topic. My main interest is Roman Imperial, which is why I started a Late Roman Bronze Coin forum.

I use Roman Imperial coin books almost every day. Below is a picture of the whole bookshelf...the provincial books are on the bottom, the rest are mainly Roman Imperial, with a few Roman Republic and Byzantine. One shelf above my computer is for the most used-- RIC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version