Author Topic: The Celator article  (Read 2162 times)

Offline livingwater

The Celator article
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »
Hi Victor,

I was sad when The Celator stopped publishing in 2013.  I saved my issues in totes in the basement and sometimes enjoy reading articles again.  Vcoins Community has posted some issues.  I wrote a few articles for The Celator.  My best was  First Christian Symbols On Roman Emperial Coins, Dec. 2003.  I'm not very good at knowing/talking coin details.  But I did do a fair amount of research and an okay job with this article.  I recently scanned the pages and made it a pdf file.  I think I'll ask Vcoins if they want to post it.  Victor, if you want a copy for yourself or to post I can email it to you.  It's about 11megs memory.  I won't worry about copyright because I wrote it :).  Mark

Offline Victor

• Administrator
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Victor's Imperial Coins
Re: The Celator article
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
thank you for the offer Mark, but I actually have that issue of Celator. If you send me the .pdf though, I will upload it to my articles page.

http://www.constantinethegreatcoins.com/articles/

for those that are not familiar with the article, here is the citation-- Dunning, Mark. "First Christian Symbols on Roman Imperial Coins." The Celator 17 (December 2003) : 6-26.

Offline livingwater

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
Hi Victor,
I sent the article to you using your email on your Constantine the Great site.  Your site is really amazing with so much information.  There have been many thousands of hits on the counter.  You sure have done a lot to help people know about this period.  I can imagine high school and college students cheking out your site and learning.  GREAT! 

It turns out that most if not all The Celator issues are on the Vcoins Community site.  I just thought the last few years were there.  But at the bottom one can click further back through the years to when The Celator was in newspaper format.  The Dec. 2003 issue with my article is there.  I'm glad collectors can read all the articles.  So many experts and dealers sharing their knowledge. 

Offline Victor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »
I got the article...thank you.

Offline tjaart

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »
I am glad to see that the Celator is online now. I managed to get PDF copies of all of them and look forward to reading them at some point in the future.

Offline livingwater

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
Victor,
Thanks for posting the article.  Mark

Offline Victor

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »

It was my pleasure Mark. Thank you for writing it.